How are you guys? Getting bored, want to go somewhere and make some fun. For you folks, the holiday season has come up again and this is the time when many of us will be traveling around. Actually, people used to travel all the seasons and for them, there is no traveling season.
If you have a long journey ahead, a few things I have in mind that you should check before start packing. It is about some tips which you will need to consider if you don’t wanna get any trouble during journey period.
It does not matter which mode of travel you are preferring, whether it is a bus, train, car or motorbike or even a combination of all of these. These guide will definitely be going to help you.
Travel by car: General Tips:
1. It is always better to use satellite navigation along with manual maps and landmarks for navigation.
2. Plan your journey well and double check that you don’t need to pass busy roads during heavy traffics. Otherwise, you will be stressed up for this.
3. Keep some extra time in hand as the roads can be troublesome in some places because of maintenance and construction purpose. So make clear your mind and keep patience at that time.
4. If you have any small children with you, night driving will be a good idea. As they will most probably be slipping at that time.
5. Don’t just drive long. Stop your car for every few hours and open the door. Take some fresh air and give your vehicle a rest too.
6. Taking breaks while driving is a good idea. Switching driving in every two hours will keep you in a good mood.
7. Roads will not be even in every place you will go. So distributing the weight of the luggage evenly on your car will definitely help you skipping troublesome areas.
8. You will be able to quickly retrieve the spare tire if you have a flat tire. Just don’t you pile your entire luggage up on the spare tire.
Also Read: Best Home Remedy for Cold and Cough
Travel by car: Traveling with kids:
9. Make sure that your child seats are well fastened. Keep checking in between sometimes.
10. Always keep some extra food with you. Maybe you need to wait a little long in some place where good food is not something to easily get.
11. Don’t forget to carry your entertainment stuff. Such as music players, DVDs, Headphones, puzzle games and everything that they may want to have.
12. Keep the airbag turns off if your baby is traveling in the front seat. Otherwise, move your baby in the back.
Also Read: How to Stay Hydrated Without Drinking Water?
Travel by car: Check your car condition:
13. Keep your car servicing tools with you.
14. Do a check on your windscreen wipers and keeps a screen wash with you.
15. Check if your car is in shape or not. Keep an extra tire with your car always. Measure the tire pressure according to the load it’s going to take.
16. Before leaving for the journey take your car to a garage and get a car servicing is a must.
17. Check the oil and water level of your engine to avoid any unnecessary heating issue.
If you are traveling by bus or train:
18. Always carry what you are going to be needed. As extra luggage always will be a burden for you at the end of the day. Some buses and trains have luggage restriction. So before leaving doing a check on this little things will be a better idea.
19. Bus or train journeys can be boring sometimes. So always carry your entertaining stuff with you.
20. A long journey can be troublesome for your back, so keep a pillow with you.
21. You may feel cold at night so take your blanket and sweaters with you while traveling.
22. Whenever you get the chance just get up and do a little stretching as it will keep up your blood circulation going and you will not feel swelling and cramping.
Also Read: Some Ayurvedic Natural Health Tips
Know everything about your destination:
23. Prepare a road map for your route and clearly mark all your temporary destinations there.Take a print out of all the addresses and phone numbers of your staying places. Save them in your email or in another digital medium can be helpful sometimes as there always a chance of losing important paper while in a journey.
24. Carry the contacts of friends who will be in your way on the route. You may need that, who knows?
25. Always thoroughly research about your destination. You may need to know about the emergency services, hospital addresses, and other necessary staffs.
26. Check for the gas station, pubs, resting houses in the google maps before leaving for the journey. Taking them printed out and marking with the various color marker is also a very good idea.
Also Read: How to Clear Your mind of Unwanted Thoughts
Things to carry in your journey:
27. Your phone and charger and other handsfree staff.
28. Extra blanket, a pillow and other warm clothing
29. Extra torch with batteries
30.Vehicle servicing tools according to which vehicle you are riding at. Keep emergency no. of vehicle breakdown agencies or other emergencies no. you may need.
Also Read: Do Everybody Needs Eight Hours of Sleep
Fight your fear:
31. Many of us are afraid of theft, crime, unknown places with unknown people, bad food, traveling alone and what not. remember that a lot of people are doing these kinds of experiments often. So if they can do it you can do it too. The excitement of the unknown is the most you must remember.
Don’t buy everything in you way:
32. I mean when you are traveling only buy those things which are easy to carry and not totally unnecessary. If you buy without thinking your journey will be ruined with a load of unnecessary luggage.
Note: Please comment if this article helps you in your journey too. Share your story with us. We love to hear from you.